Aloha from Hawaii

So I'm just starting out with knitting and crocheting. I also do beading (jewelry)...lmk what you think.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's OFFICIAL 2nd ed.

So I also made this scarf for my mother. I got the pattern and information from Susan B. Anderson. Excellent teacher and easy to understand and learn from her tutorial videos.

This will also be available online on my Etsy.com shop as well.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/67798812/braided-i-cord-knitted-scarf-off




This scarf was fast and fun to make. It called for thick and bulky yarn and size 17 circular knitting needles and size 13 dpn's.  What's makes it even better is it's easy to care for: machine washable.

To be honest, I never knew how to do ribbing (knit and purl stitches) and I-cord and braiding, I knew knit and purl but the technique...I never knew existed. This is my 2nd project that I've ever done with knitting and completed. I have tons of incomplete projects. So I'm pretty proud of myself. I almost didn't want to give it up, but it went to my mom...so I know it's in good hands and I'll see it from time to time....put to good use.

Please leave me comments on what you think, much appreciated.

Thank you for looking and have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment